A regular Nerf gun isn’t for everyone. For some people, a sniper can be the most attractive choice. And since the first Nerf gun was created, people have been asking the question; what’s the best Nerf sniper?
If you’re the kind of person that’s tactical and likes to shoot from distance, then a nerf sniper is likely to be a good choice for you. On the other hand, if you’re the type of person that likes to go in all guns blazing, then you should probably consider a regular nerf gun.
So, it would seem that their calls for a new sniper were finally answered in 2018 with the release of the Modulus Longstrike. So, lets have a look at a few of the reasons the Longstrike is probably your best option if you’re looking for a sniper.
Best Nerf Sniper – Modulus Longstrike
- Customize the longstrike cs-6 blaster for any mission or battle with the barrel extension, bipod, and scope that attach to the blaster
- This exclusive version of the longstrike Nerf blaster comes with 18 Official Nerf modulus Elite darts and 3 six-dart clips
- Load 1 clip in the blaster and store the other 2 clips in the shoulder stock to keep them nearby for quick reloading
The Previous Longstrike that failed
The Nerf Longstrike was originally released all the way back in 2010, and back then, we anticipated that we would finally be getting the Nerf Sniper that we’d been craving for years. In my opinion (and many others), the original Longstrike just didn’t live up to expectations. The most common problem with the Longstrike? Quite simply, the range just wasn’t good enough! It was listed as Longstrike (and even sold as ‘the Snipershot’ in Japan), but it just didn’t have the distance necessary for a long range Nerf gun.
Fast forward to 2018, and Nerf finally released the long awaited successor to the Longstrike. Whilst it had the exact same exterior and shell as it’s predecessor, there were a few things that they changed about the internals to make it ready for modern day Nerf Wars.
The Modulus Longstrike: Features
- Barrel – The Longstrike barrel has a small tactical rail at the front top of the sniper, and a longer tactical rail on the underside of the gun. The Barrel is easily attachable and detachable from the gun itself, so you can actually attach the barrel to other Nerf guns if you want to. It’s long, but this is exactly what we want from a Nerf Sniper.
- Blaster (Middle) – The Blaster itself continues the abundance of tactical rails, with two further rails on the top of the blaster. This is great if you want to use an additional scope on your Longstrike. It also has a sling attachment point on the underside of the gun too. In between the tactical rails is the access store, which you can easily open. This helps if your gun ever gets jammed (you need to prime the blaster before doing this).
- Blaster (Side) – On the side of the blaster is the prime, which you can easily pull back to set your shot up. there’s also two unjamming buttons – the top one is used to release the prime handle so you can prime it again and clear out any jams. The bottom button is used if your handle gets jammed.
- Magazines – Underneath the blaster, you have 3×6 round magazines that give you 6 rounds – much like you’d have in a real sniper.
- Sights – Unless you’re going to purchase an extra scope to attach to the tactical rails, then the regular model comes with your run of the mill iron sights for accuracy.
- Handle Grip – The handle of the Longstrike is really what makes it feel realistic. It’s quite long (as you’d expect, but it does enable you to get a good grip and cushion it on your shoulder. There are two attachments on either side for you to store extra magazines.
The Modulus Longstrike Scope is exactly the same as the other scope from Modulus, except it’s painted differently. It’s easy to attach to your tactical rail, and although it isn’t the most practical, it definitely looks super cool. The other attachment that comes with the Longstrike is a bipod. This is great for if you want to have some fun firing in the prone position.
Modulus Pros and Cons
There are definitely some good things about the Longstrike, but there are some bad things about the Longstrike too.
- Doesn’t get jammed – In comparison to the original Longstrike, it undoubtedly doesn’t get jammed anywhere near as frequently. Of course, it does sometimes – but that’s really any Nerf gun.
- Feels and looks great – Aesthetically, the Longstrike is undoubtedly one of Nerfs best guns. It has the look and feel of a real sniper, which is pretty much what any Nerf fan wants.
- Good customer service – Although you’re not going to get the 100 foot accuracy that every user wants, you do get a good accuracy up to around 40 feet. This is actually about average for most Nerf guns, but you can’t expect any more than that from foam bullets.
- Scope improvements – Compared to the old scope that came with the original Longstrike, this is a definite improvement in terms of quality.
- It’s really expensive – The one thing about the Longstrike that I don’t like – well, no one really likes, is that it’s a little expensive. It’s more than double the price of the original Longstrike, which is a bit much in my opinion. They easily could’ve just up the price a little. But, you are getting a decent amount of blaster for your money, so it’s really up to you.
- Not much better than other Nerf guns – Aside from the super cool way that the Longstrike looks, it’s really not much of a step up on other Nerf guns in terms of range and accuracy. It’s more of a showpiece than a practical sniper.
The Modulus is designed to look cool, but it’s still a practical Nerf gun to take to war. Is it as good as other long range snipers? Well, let’s have a look at some of the other Long Range Nerf Guns out there.
The Longshot CS-6 was originally released all the way back in 2004. Of course, you’re really going to struggle to get your hands on that one nowadays. However, you can still find the updated version, the Zombie Strike CS-12. This was made exclusively for Target, so that’s the only place you’re going to find it.
It’s undoubtedly as good as the Longstrike in terms of appearance – that is, if you’re a fan of the Zombie Strike series in general. They’ve released various different Longshot blasters, so it’s worth checking out the ones that you could get your hands on.
The Nerf Centurion is undoubtedly one of the most unpredictable Nerf guns out there. But if we’re talking about pulling off long shots, then it’s really difficult to beat the Centurion. You can pull off some pretty awesome long shits with this one, largely due to it’s high amount of firepower.
Are Nerf Sniper Rifles any good?
The reality is that a Nerf Sniper is still a Nerf. That means you’re firing foam – so you’re never going to take someone down 200 feet away. Nerf Snipers are generally more for show than anything else, and they don’t have much more range than regular Nerf guns (which is why I recommended the Centurion).
If you like to be a Nerf sniper, then you will want to find the best Nerf snipers so that you always have an advantage while playing Nerf. If you like being a Nerf sniper, then you will want to find the best Nerf snipers so that you always have an advantage while playing Nerf.
This one is a bit different from the rest in the sense that it is a battery powered, flywheel blaster. If you want to be a nerf sniper, then you should find the best nerf sniper so that you always have an advantage while playing nerf.
This is great because it allows you to be creative and set up that blaster in many different ways. If you like being a Nerf sniper, then you should find the best Nerf sniper so that you always have an advantage when you play Nerf. The ECS-10 is the second blaster of the N-Strike Modulus series in this list of the best Nerf sniper rifles. If you like being a Nerf sniper, then you should find the best Nerf sniper rifle so that you always have an advantage when you play Nerf.
If you like to camp during nerf wars, then a bolt action rifle might be best for you, but if you move around a lot, then you might want to use an automatic machine gun. I’m really pleased about this, because I really wanted Nerf to add a sniper rifle to the Rival series. The bolt mechanism feels very robust, with a 4-part movement (up, back, front and down) that creates a real sniper rifle experience. But let’s be realistic, even with a Nerf sniper rifle, the accuracy will never be overwhelming, and that’s perfectly fine.
You should try to find a Nerf sniper rifle that has a long range so you can hit your enemies before they can reach you. Many Nerf sniper rifles come with sniper arrows so you can start sniping as soon as you get your weapon. In terms of performance, the Pharaoh is perhaps the best in this list, with an average speed of 100 per second and an achievable firing range of 100 feet. The Nerf Modulus LongStrike sniper rifle features a repeater system and bipod, making it easier to hit your targets with greater accuracy.
The rifle requires 4 AA batteries, otherwise it won’t do much. If you want to practice target shooting with your brand new Nerf sniper rifle, it might be a good idea to invest in a dedicated target shooter. Always remember to play safely with your Nerf sniper rifles and make sure you have guidelines and rules in place to ensure everyone is safe and protected from any mistakes or injuries that could occur while having fun with Nerf. While you certainly can’t hit a bull’s-eye from 200 feet away with a Nerf sniper rifle, I think it’s good that Nerf has designed them to perform significantly better than other types of Nerf blasters (aside from the Rival series blasters, of course).
Just like the other blasters in the Modulus series, the ECS-10 can be equipped with lots of accessories.
Nerf sniper rifles
Nerf blasters in general aren’t exactly known for their amazing performance and accuracy, but with Nerf sniper rifles there are definitely expectation levels in terms of accuracy, speed and range. Attach the barrel extension to aim at long ranges, and use the tactical rails and flip-up sights to aim at targets near and far.
If you’re looking for the best sniper rifle to use in your nerf wars, you’ll find that there are a lot of options you can use. If you want to focus on improving your accuracy when using a nerf sniper rifle, you should look at some of the accessories that you can buy.
Always remember that your sniper rifles are more powerful than other nerf guns and have a longer range, which means they can easily hit people who are further away, even if you didn’t mean to shoot at them. You don’t want a Nerf sniper rifle that jams when you play or isn’t easy to use. If you want to buy a Nerf sniper rifle, you should look for a Nerf rifle that comes with a scope so you don’t have to buy one. Even if your target is on the move, you don’t have to worry about ammo because your blaster can hold two quick-loading clips.
You can also use a long-range automatic Nerf pistol and turn it into a Nerf sniper rifle with a scope. The magazine holds up to 6 Mega Nerf darts and a tripod so you can stabilise your aim and get better accuracy. Just like other blasters from the Modulus series, the ECS-10 can be equipped with lots of accessories. I agree with Tristan, the AccuStrike is a good representation of what a true Nerf sniper rifle should be.
The ECS-10 is the second blaster in the N-Strike Modulus series in this list of awesome Nerf sniper rifles. Now that you’ve found the perfect sniper rifle for you, it’s time to learn how to safely operate your sniper rifle while playing Nerf. The Nerf Centurion Mega Toy Blaster has a bolt-action system that can shoot Nerf darts up to 100 metres. If you want to be able to walk around in “stealth mode” while operating your sniper rifle, then you need a Nerf sniper rifle that is lightweight and easy to use.
The blaster comes with a barrel extension, flip-up sight, quick-loading clip, six clip system darts and instructions. This range means that your enemies won’t be able to hit you while you’re shooting them with your Nerf sniper rifle. The bolt mechanism feels very robust, with a 4-part movement (up, back, front and down) that creates a true sniper rifle experience.
Overall, the Longstrike is undoubtedly one of the coolest looking Nerf guns that they’ve released, and it’s satified the appetite of every Nerf fan who’s wanted a cool Nerf sniper since.. well, the last Longstrike was released. However, there are a ton of other Nerf guns, melee weapons for close combat and other Nerf products (like the famous Nerf bow) that you might want to consider as well. But all in all, the Longstrike is the best sniper that Nerf have released as of yet.
Last update on 2021-12-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API