Getting a good laser thermometer is a good idea for a variety of different reasons. Whether you’re trying to measure the temperature of your oven or the temperature of a babies head, different thermometers can be used for different things.
If you want to accurately measure the temperature of something quickly and easily without making any contact with it, then a laser thermometer is the way forward. But which laser thermometer is the best option for you? Well, whilst they’re all quite similar to each other, there are a few differences between them that you’ll want to be aware of. So, here’s a few of the top choices if you’re looking to pick up a laser thermometer.
Best Laser Thermometer
Holdpeak Laser Thermometer – Best All-round Thermometer for Cooking
- ⭐【High Accuracy】: HP-985B infrared thermometer reads values of high accuracy up to ±1℃/±1% in only 0.25 second thanks to adjustable emissivity. The distance to spot ratio is 16:1, which means you can measure the target at a longer distance.Keep you safe from dangerous environment.
- ⭐【Wider Temperature Range】: HP-985B Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer come with wide temperature range -50℃～1360℃(-58℉～2480℉), you can apply this tool in Cooking, BBQ, Auto Maintenance, Forge, Kilns,and other tasks of household,but it does not support human body temperature measurement.
- ⭐【Dual Laser Infrared Thermometer】: Compared to others infrared thermometer,The HP-985B come with Dual Laser,Giving you more accurate measure for industry.
The majority of people will be looking for a laser thermometer for cooking or storing food (if you’re looking for another purpose thermometer, scroll down!). Although this thermometer would like be fine for measuring human temperatures too, it’s ideally suited and made for tracking food and industrial heat.
It can accurately read temperatures between -50 and 550 degree celsius, which will be broad enough for the majority of purposes. As opposed to the majority of other laser thermometers around, this model uses a 9V battery instead of the typical AA or AAA. It comes with a battery included, so you don’t need to worry about picking a set of batteries up too. The battery life on the thermometer is impressive however, so you won’t need to worry about replacing it anytime soon. You can also toggle the backlight on and off, which can help to reduce battery usage.
If you’re looking for something to measure fryer temperatures or anything within the kitchen, then this is undoubtedly the best choice in my opinion. It’s one of the most accurate laser thermometers currently available, and if you’re looking for the best, you don’t want to look past this one by Holdpeak.
Equinox Digital Thermometer – Great Thermometer for Kids
- FEATURES - We jam packed all types of temperature recording features you needed into 1 simple to use device. No more storing a barrage of obsolete thermometers in your medicine cabinet. With 1 of our non-contact thermometers you can easily take Body Temperature, Surface Temperature, and Ambient Room Temperature WITHOUT ever touching the object or person. Equipped with a 3-Color changing LCD screen, easily identify if an object or person is normal, medium or too hot.
- FAST AND SAFE - Get almost instantaneous reads with our quick infrared technology. Whether you're measuring a hot coffee, the coolness in your room on a hot summer day, or your child, you can do so without a hassle thanks to our quick and reliable thermometer. Our premium thermometer also has a built in high temperature alarm that sounds once a fever is detected. The backlight will turn red and a sound will be made to alert you of a high fever.
- MOST RECORDINGS - No need to write down the last recorded temperature during a fever. This thermometer has built-in memory which can record upto 32 readings taken at anytime. Temperature can easily be taken in Fahrenheit or Celsius, with the push of a Unit button. Other thermometers are tricky to use and often times don't convert properly.
Typically the majority of laser thermometers aren’t designed for using with humans, as they’re more designed for industrial use. But, there are some models that are specifically designed for this, especially for use with babies and young children who often need their temperatures monitored when they’re feeling ill. Whilst this model can be used to measure room temperature, if you put it into surface mode, it’s also good for getting the temperature of a baby too.
You’ll need to use this one around 5cm away from the body in order to get accurate results. This kind of thermometer allows you to read the temperature of someone without physical contact, which is important in certain line of work. If you’re looking for a thermometer that can you can use to measure body temperature, then this is one of the better choices around.
Dr Meter Laser Thermometer
No products found.
Whilst the Equinox thermometer is one of my choice of thermometers, this Dr Meter isn’t far behind it. There really isn’t much difference between the two, and sometimes you can find the Dr Meter a little cheaper, so it might be worth considering this model as an option too. It’s a good thermometer to use if you’re looking for something for barbecues or any other form of cooking.
One of the good things about this model is that it maintains a ±2,0˚ accuracy, even when looking at minus temperatures. Typically with cheap laser thermometers, they tend to struggle in terms of accuracy at low temperatures. This isn’t a problem here, and a ±2.0˚ temperature reading is pretty good, especially as it can record temperatures as low as -60˚. Overall, this is another good pick if you’re looking for a cheap laser thermometer that will work well.
AccuMed 7-in-1 Thermometer
No products found.
Another good option if you’re looking for a thermometer that can ready body temperature is the AccuMed model. You can use it for body temperature, as well as a variety of other things too.
One of the reasons that thermometers have become popular for medical use is that it can be seen as unsanitary to perform other forms of temperature measuring. Many people feel like using rectal thermometers or sticking a thermometer into a child’s mouth can be invasive, so it’s not surprise that laser thermometers have increased in popularity. All you have to do is point and aim and you can get a pretty accurate reading of someones temperature.
This particular thermometer has a really long battery life – it runs on two AAA batteries, which will last you a long time. If you’re looking for a hygienic way to measure someones temperature, then it might be worth looking at this AccuMed thermometer.
Masione Laser Thermometer
- √MULTI-FUNCTION: Masione ir thermometer is extremely Handy, Consistent & Versatile for Instant Temp Readings in performing auto maintenance, air leaks, cooking, barbequing, medical, testing refrigerator temperatures, doing home repairs and a host of other tasks with this infrared thermometer.
- √TEMPERATURE RANGE in CELSIUS and FAHRENHEIT: -50°C to +400°C /-58°F to +752°F; Accuracy: ±1.5% or ±1.5°C. A built in Laser Thermometer gives you the precision to hone in on the exact space you want to measure.
- √BACKLIGHT LCD SCREEN: Masione laser thermometer gun is designed with LCD screen. Auto Shut-Off in 7 seconds to extend the battery life and features a low battery indicator.
If you’re looking for the cheapest possible option as a laser thermometer, then it’s worth mentioning this option from Masione. It’s one of the lowest priced thermometers currently available, which makes it suitable for those on a tight budget. Like the Accumed, you can use it for a wide variety of different things, from medical to measuring the temperature of your barbeque. One of the best things about this thermometer is the size – it’s small enough to snugly fit into your pocket.
Another good thing about this model is that after 7 seconds, it will automatically turn off. That means that if you leave it on the side by accident, you’re not going to come back to a dead laser thermometer that’s used up all of it’s battery. So, if you’re looking for a cheap option, then this is another solid choice.
What to Consider when Buying a Laser Thermometer
When you’re purchasing a laser thermometer, there are definitely some things that you’ll want to consider before you purchase. Doing this can ensure that you get the right laser thermometer for your needs, which is important.
What you’re using it for
The main thing you’ll want to think about when purchasing a laser thermometer is exactly what you’re going to be using it for. Some laser thermometers lend themselves better to different surfaces and materials, and they’re designed in different ways. So, if you’re looking for a laser thermometer to use for cooking, then ensure that you’re getting some heavy duty and durable so that it lasts.
As with any purchase, the price is an important factor in your purchase. This is especially true with laser thermometers, because often if you want one of decent quality, you’ll need to have a decent budget. For me, and for most people, the cheaper laser thermometers in this list will prove to be a better option – this is mainly because you don’t really need anything more than this. So, you’ll also want to factor price into the equation too.
All in all, a laser thermometer is a good addition to any household as you can use them for a variety of different things, whether you’re using it in the kitchen or the garage. Whilst their accuracy isn’t 100%, they’re a good way to gauge surface temperature, especially for increases and decreases in temperature, as they’re very good for monitoring. So, getting a laser thermometer is a wise idea for pretty much any household.
Last update on 2021-06-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API