If you’re someone who travels a lot and is away from their computer, then a laser keyboard might be the solution to all your problems. You can easily set it up with your mobile phone or tablet so that you can type whilst you’re on the go.
Laser keyboards, also referred to as projection keyboards, are a simple way to travel without carrying a large bulky plastic keyboard around with you. They project a laser onto the table or surface you’re using it with, which you can then use to type whatever you want.
But out of the laser keyboards currently available, are some of them better than others? Or are they all relatively similar to one another? Well, let’s take a look at some of the current options.
Best Laser Keyboard
MOJO Wireless Laser Projection Virtual Keyboard
- This Bluetooth Wireless Virtual Keyboard is a laser projection keyboard compatible with your desktop, laptop, smartphone, or tablet. Projects a red keyboard on any flat surface for fast and accurate data input
- Built-in rechargeable battery, Mouse mode supported. Connects by Bluetooth or USB cable (included). Compact and ultra portable for mobility and convenience
- Fast and accurate data input and English QWERTY keyboard layout. Detection rate over 350 characters per minute and low power consumption
When you’re looking for the best laser keyboard, it;s not too easy to find a good model. However, you can definitely consider this Mojo option if you’re looking for a good virtual keyboard.
This is a very easy to use virtual keyboard that has a lithium ion battery. It has full Bluetooth connectivity and a rechargeable battery. It also has adjustable brightness too, which means that you can change it to suit your own preferences. And with the good battery, you’re going to get a pretty decent battery life out of this model as well.
If you want to make a really good portable set up, then you could consider pairing this virtual keyboard with a good Bluetooth speaker and a virtual mouse. But overall, this is a really good option for anyone after a ultra portable keyboard you can easily use on the go.
- 𝗧𝗔𝗞𝗘 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗪𝗢𝗥𝗞 𝗔𝗡𝗬𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 -- Bring our compact & lightweight Serafim Keybo with you as long as you have a pocket to spare. With English QWERTY layout, our laser keyboard allows easy connection through both Bluetooth and USB, making it an efficient and fancy way to work on your phone.
- 𝗧𝗬𝗣𝗘 𝗙𝗔𝗦𝗧 & 𝗔𝗖𝗖𝗨𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗟𝗬 -- The keyboard layouts of current laser keyboards are square keys with no space in between, so it’s very easy to mistype unwanted keystrokes. With our calculated round key design, you will hit right key every time.
- 𝗩𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗨𝗔𝗟 𝗦𝗧𝗨𝗗𝗜𝗢 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝟰+ 𝗠𝗨𝗦𝗜𝗖𝗔𝗟 𝗜𝗡𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗨𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗦 -- On the road or in the studio, Serafim Keybo allows you to create your music instantly through the built-in music APP (for both IOS & Android). Have a great time with your friends or families by playing piano, guitar, bass, or drums during your get-togethers!
The Keybo is one of the top laser keyboards around – there’s not many people who would argue that it isn’t. In a world of cheap laser keyboards, this one is of a higher quality, and it’s particularly accurate in it’s typing. If you need something to use with your phone or a tablet, then this is the model that I’d opt for.
For the most part, the Keybo is everything you really want from a laser keyboard. It’s relatively small in size and the keyboard is designed with no gaps between keys, which makes it extremely easy to type. It can also be used as a cellphone stand, so that you can place your phone into the base whilst you use the laser to type.
Another cool thing about the Keybo is that not only can you use it as a computing keyboard, but you can also use it as a piano keyboard too. You can easily change this in the settings on the model itself, so it’s extremely easy to do. You can set this up with the Keybo app on your phone, so you don’t need to connect it to the computer or tablet to use it. If you’re looking for the best laser keyboard around, then this is going to be the best option for you.
AGS Laser Keyboard
- Easliy pair laser projection keyboard for your Iphone, Ipad, Smartphone, laptop or tablets
- For devices with bluetooth, operation systems: Windows, iOS, Android, Mac OS
- English QWERTY keyboard layout
If you’re looking for something smaller than you can carry around with you, then you’ll want to opt for the AGS mini laser keyboard. It’s the cheapest laser keyboard I’ve listed, and it’s a budget friendly option for those that aren’t quite sold on getting a laser keyboard.
A laser keyboard isn’t intended to replace your regular keyboard, and they could take a little whilst to get used to. That’s the case with this model, as you’ll have to get used to the functionality of the keyboard itself. You can toggle the sound of the keyboard on and off by using the keyboard itself – this is useful if you want to keep things quiet in a public place. However, I prefer to have the key volume on to let me know when you’re pressing the keys (much like the different gaming keyboard switches in regular keyboards).
As with any laser keyboard, you’re going to need a relatively dark room to be able to see they keyboard properly. But, this one provides another decent choice if you’re looking for a small laser keyboard that works well.
ESupFly Portable Laser Keyboard
- Fashionable and practical; Compatible with Bluetooth-Enabled Tablet Devices, Smartphones, Laptops, Computers, for example iPad, iPhone, Android Smart Phones, Android Pads etc
- Without physical keyboard, small size, easy to carry, perfect for on-the-go; This projection keyboard can adapt to most of the working environment.
- With functions of mouse and speaker; Full size key pitch and shortcut keys for ease of operation
Another alternative if you’re looking for a laser keyboard is this model from ESupFly. It doesn’t differentiate that much from other options that are available, but it’s definitely another option if you want something different than what is on offer.
There is not much difference to note between this laser keyboard and the others, aside from the size. This model is a little bit smaller than the others, which might make it a better option for your needs. From a negative perspective, it also isn’t as bright either. This is one of the most common problems associated with laser keyboards – the inability to see them in bright rooms. So, this might not be the best option if you compare it to the others available.
Why get a Laser Keyboard?
If you’re thinking about getting a laser keyboard, then you’ll want to make sure that it’s the right choice for you.
Typically, laser keyboards are a good choice for those that are travelling. Why? Well, because you can easily set them up with a tablet, or even with your mobile phone. This means that no matter where you are in the world, you’ll have the option to use a keyboard properly without having to hunt and peck the correct keys on your phone. You can connect this to your phone via USB cable, but preferably on newer models of laser keyboard, by using bluetooth.
The majority of laser keyboards are quite cheap, which can make them an attractive purchase. They don’t weigh much, and you can usually fit them into a pocket or a handbag. You’ll need to have a totally flat surface to use a laser keyboard properly, and doing this can ensure that you’ll be able to type quickly and accurately.
Things to Consider before Buying a Laser Keyboard
If you’re thinking about buying a laser keyboard, then beforehand you’ll want to take a few things into account. Here’s a couple of things to think about before you purchase your first laser keyboard.
- Price – Generally, you can pick up a laser keyboard at a pretty cheap price. So, it usually isn’t the biggest investment to purchase a laser keyboard, which can make them a good purchase. You just need to do your due diligence and ensure that you’re getting good quality for your cash (which is what I’ve tried to include in this list!).
- Battery Life – A good laser keyboard will have a decent battery life which should last you for a good few hours of typing. Cheap low quality models will run out of battery very quickly, which is another important reason to pick up a good quality keyboard.
- Compatibility – It’s definitely worth checking that your laser keyboard is compatible with your computer or your Mac. Depending on what kind of computer you’re using, certain laser keyboards might not work well. So, it’s definitely worth checking this out before you buy one.
Overall, a laser keyboard is more than just a fad or a gimmick – it can be an extremely useful accessory if you’re trying to get work done when you’re not at your computer. In my opinion, it’s not quite at the stage where I’d choose to use one over a regular keyboard. This is mainly because I’m at my computer all day, and after many hours my fingers don’t feel great typing on a hard table surface! But, if I’m on holiday and I need to send some quick emails, then a laser keyboard could prove to be a valuable investment.
Last update on 2021-06-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API