If you’re looking at getting a new set of speakers, then you’ve undoubtedly come across Klipsch. They’re one of the most popular choices for speakers at the moment, and aside from Polk, they’re probably one of the bestselling too. But are Klipsch speakers any good, or are there better options available on the market?
Depending on who you ask, you’ll probably get different opinions on whether Klipsch speakers are really good or just average. You’re rarely going to find people who say Klipsch speakers are terrible, and if they do, it usually means they’re audiophiles who are super pretentious about sound. As an audiophile myself, I’d say that Klipsch speakers are of a decent quality, and there’s few reasons why that is.
Are Klipsch speakers any good?
The answer is that Klipsch speakers are definitely considered as good. They’re a little bit more expensive than other speakers, but for their quality, you’re definitely getting a pretty decent deal. Their speakers are around the mid range when it comes to both price and quality.
Klipsch speakers are one of the older and most prestigious speaker brands around. They were founded just after the second world war, so they’ve been around for a good while now. They are fairly popular both in the United States, but also all throughout Europe as well.
Klipsch speakers all tend to use the exact same design, which is what has set them apart from other speakers throughout the years. They use a horn tweeter, which as you might have guessed, makes horns and brass instruments in general sound more realistic. They’re ideal for higher frequencies, which is why Klipsch speakers are often recommended for dealing with higher frequency sounds (like films and certain genres of music).
Klipsch are generally considered as the high range budget speaker. To the entry level hobbyist, they might seem quite expensive. But if you compare them to some speakers, then they are actually affordable in comparison. So, the majority of their products sit at the top of the premium budget range, and though they do sell more expensive speakers too, this is really where they specialise.
The main reason that I think Klipsch speakers are a good choice for the majority is they sound extremely clear. They sound very good in comparison to speakers of a similar price, so they’re worth considering if you’re looking for a new set of speakers.
Klipsch Speakers – Pros and Cons
If you’re getting some Klipsch speakers, then it’s worth checking out the pros and cons of the brand beforehand. Like all brands, there are some good things about their speakers, and also some not so good things as well.
- Good quality – These are undoubtedly some of the better quality speakers that you’re going to find around. There aren’t many other brands around that you can get that are premium but still generally affordable. They make some in wall speakers, quality ceiling speakers and pretty much everything you need to fill your entire house with Klipsch.
- Great for high frequencies – Due to the way that these kinds of speakers are designed, they’re undoubtedly some of the best speakers for dealing with high frequency sounds.
- Wide range of products – Another thing to consider with Klipsch speakers is that you’re going to get a really wide variety of different speakers to choose from. They make some awesome
- Not cheap – Depending on who you ask, different people will give you different verdicts regarding whether Klipsch speakers are really worth it. Some people think that brands like Polk are much cheaper, and you don’t see much of an increase in quality. Personally, I think there’s quite a big jump going from Polk to Klipsch, but if you’re on a budget, Klipsch still make some good speakers too.
- Need to buy all Klipsch – Once you start buying Klipsch speakers, you’ll need to set up with pretty much all Klipsch speakers. They have a signature design, which look great and unique. So, it’s better if you stick to one brand throughout your living room.
- Not for everyone – If you get the chance, you’ll want to go and listen to Klipsch speakers at the store. They aren’t the same sound as your standard speakers, and because of the horn tweeter, they may sound a little different to some people. It worth listening to them and finding out whether they’re right for you.
Overall, you’ll find a variety of Klipsch products to pick from. Whilst the cheaper Klipsch products generally represent the premium range of the budget speakers, they do have more expensive speakers if you’re looking to spend more on a speaker system.
But for those with a set budget, Klipsch speakers are generally considered as a pretty decent choice. Of course, you have other brands like Polk who produce home audio equipment (like surround sound and center channel speakers) that are also worth considering, especially if you’re on a tighter budget.
If you want speakers that are relatively affordable at a fairly low price, then looking at Klipsch speakers is undoubtedly a good idea. They provide an excellent compromise between both value and performance.